USD Momentum Reversed, Course Depends on Data.
This article is originally referred from FXPrimus News.
FXPrimus has summarized the Important Market Indicators of the day.
Today’s Important Indicators
DOLLAR and POUND ended the Wednesday session higher while EURO lost steam following disappointing figures.
OIL closed unchanged while GOLD moved along the lines of USDJPY for another session.
Investors can look at a series of releases today.
Today’s Forecast for Important Trading Indicators
- USDJPY – DOLLAR takes a breather from bears as manufacturing reports shift sentiment. USD broke an array of 7 consecutive bearish sessions yesterday amid sharp Capacity Utilisation Rate and Industrial Production reports. Dollar-Yen ended the trading day above 111 and the 50.00% Fibonacci Retracement following a rejection at the 61.80% FR. Investors may focus on a number of different releases at 13:30 GMT today.
- EURUSD – EURO declines from recent 37-Month high as European Inflation slows down. EURO posted 80 pips losses in the Wednesday session following a reduction of the annual CPI print from 1.5% to 1.4% in December. Despite the figure was expected, inflation did depreciate 10 basis points, taking Euro-Dollar to a fresh 6-Day low near $1.2164. Other than Weidmann’s speech at a joint IMF/DB event in Frankfurt, on the economic front no releases are scheduled in.
- GBPUSD – Pound extents to $1.3942 daily and multiyear high following Saunders’ speech. Cable saw its best session since June 24 2016 following MPC member Michael Saunders’ speech, where he emphasised that “interest rates will need to rise further over time” considering “the economy turns out broadly in line” with his outlook. Cable subsided following the high, ending the session at $1.3823.
- USOIL – Despite an API large draw OIL ends session mixed, EIA crucial on extending 4-week streak. CRUDE OIL remained near Tuesday’s close despite an attempt from investors to bank more profits as API released another positive report. WTI closed the trading session 17 cents higher yet indecision was the main characteristic of the day. Today, EIA report to set the tone for this week’s end.
- XAUUSD – GOLD edges to $1325/oz as US data push DOLLAR higher. Spot GOLD ended $12.50/oz lower on Wednesday following a double manufacturing report from the US. Spot GOLD remained under pressure until the end of the trading day and is currently priced at 1326, marginally below the 61.80% FE at $1327.20/oz. Price is likely to move depending on risk appetite driven by investors.
- US Indexes – DJ surged 1.25%, S&P 500 +0.94%.
- European Indexes – UK 100 fell by 0.39%, DE 30 declined by 0.47%.
- Asian Indexes – ASX 200 lost a mere 0.06%, Nikkei -0.44%, and Hang Seng trades 0.47% higher.
- US Equities – Tesla soared 2.09%, Apple followed with a rise of 1.65%.
Original Source: FXPrimus News