Take advantage of Oscar Ceremony with eToro’s Copy & Social trading platform!
This article is originally referred from eToro Official Website.
Which stocks will win big at the Oscars?
Hollywood is abuzz ahead of the 2019 Academy Awards, commonly known as the Oscars ceremony.
Around the time of the event, which will proclaim the year’s best motion picture, actors, directors and others who take part in the film making process, media companies could also come out as winners.
Disney is the owner of Black Panther, the first-ever superhero movie to be nominated in the Best Picture category and 6 other categories.
Netflix’s Roma is also nominated for Best Picture, and 9 additional categories.
Other media companies, such as 21st Century Fox, Viacom, CBS and many others could also show volatility around the time of the awards ceremony.
You can follow all of the relevant media stocks by creating your own Oscar-themed, custom Watchlist on eToro.
Performance-wise, the NFLX and FOX stocks were the big winners over the past year, as they both showed significant, double-digit gains in 2018.
So be sure to tune in to the Academy Awards and check out your eToro feed to find out who the real winners are!
*eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investment in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFD assets.
*Past performance is not an indication of future results.
Some Facts about 2019’s Oscar nominations
Are superheroes finally getting the respect they deserve?
Black Panther, owned by Disney, has become the first superhero movie to be nominated for Best Picture.
Stocks of large media outlets, such as CBS and Viacom, can fluctuate around the time of the Academy Awards.
Here are some more facts about 2019’s Oscar nominations:
- BlacKkKlansman, a Spike Lee movie about a black detective, has been nominated for best picture at the 2019 Academy Awards. The movie did not have a stellar performance in terms of sales, netting around $90 million. Spike Lee is estimated to be worth $40 million.
- 21st Century Fox is the champion when it comes to biopics. Its latest, Bohemian Rhapsody, has grossed $500 million worldwide, becoming the most successful musical of all time. It will be interesting to see what happens to the company stock leading up to the Academy Awards.
- 21st Century Fox’s second nomination at the Academy Awards for Best Picture, The Favourite has grossed $43.9 million at the box office. When we consider that the movie was made for only $15 million, it can certainly be considered a financial success.
- Starring Viggo Mortensen and produced by DreamWorks, The Green Book has been nominated for Best Picture in the Academy Awards. This part comedy, part drama, has grossed $48 million and is distributed by Universal Corp., whose stock is recovering after a slump in December.
- Roma – Any doubts about the importance of Netflix to the entertainment industry have finally been laid to rest. The streaming leader has received its first nod for best picture for the movie Roma. Netflix stock has performed well, surpassing the 300 mark at the beginning of the year.
- Directed by Bradley Cooper, the A Star is Born has grossed over $400 million at the box office. The Warner Bros. musical film has been nominated for Best Picture at the 2019 Academy Awards. Warner Bros is owned by telecommunications giant AT&T, trading on the NYSE as T.
How eToro’s Copy & Social Trading Platform works?
eToro is a Copy and Social trading platform provider/Online Forex & CFD Broker.
By signing up with eToro, you can:
- Invest in stocks, ETFs, currency pairs, Indices and Commodities.
- Socialize with other investors and Earn market information
- Copy profitable traders’ positions directly to your account in real-time
The broker makes it easy and simple for online investors, so you can get the best out of the platform.
You haven’t joined eToro yet?
Signup for free from below and Find out more about this revolutionary investment solution!
Original Source: eToro Official Website