Week’s main events 25.06— 29.06.
This article is originally referred from JustForex News.
Today, JustForex’s team of financial analysts has prepared a new review of events in the upcoming week.
These events can significantly affect the Forex market.
Choose and track the ones that are most important to you.
Last week, the US dollar strengthened significantly relative to the currency majors. The dollar index (#DX) updated the annual maximum. The US Federal Reserve, as expected, increased the range of the key interest rate to 1.75% – 2.00%. Representatives of the Central Bank expect two more interest rate increases this year. The ECB plans to complete the quantitative easing program in December 2018. The regulator left interest rates unchanged and said that it was not going to raise them until mid-2019.
In the upcoming trading week, we recommend you to pay attention to the following macroeconomic events and reports.
June 25th, Monday
On Monday, the attention of financial market participants will be focused on the following economic reports:
- IFO business climate index at 11:00 (GMT+3:00);
- New home sales in the US at 17:00 (GMT+3:00).
June 26th, Tuesday
On Tuesday, the CB consumer confidence index will be published at 5:00 pm (GMT+3:00).
We also recommend you to pay attention to the speeches of the FOMC representatives.
June 27th, Wednesday
On Wednesday, we expect important economic reports from the US:
- Basic orders for durable goods at 15:30 (GMT+3:00);
- Index of pending sales in the real estate market at 17:00 (GMT+3:00);
- Crude oil inventories at 17:30 (GMT+3:00).
Investors will also follow the speech by the Bank of England head Carney.
June 28th, Thursday
On Thursday, the key events will be meetings of the Central Banks of Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
It is expected that regulators will leave interest rates unchanged.
We recommend paying attention to the comments by the Central Banks’ representatives.
Investors will also follow the next economic reports:
- Data on GDP of New Zealand at 01:45 (GMT+3:00);
- The index of production activity from the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia at 15:30 (GMT+3:00).
June 29th, Friday
On Friday, we expect important statistical data:
- A report on the labor market of Germany at 11:00 (GMT+3:00);
- The UK GDP data at 11:30 (GMT+3:00);
- The consumer price index in the Eurozone at 12:00 (GMT+3:00);
- Data on personal income and spending in the US at 15:30 (GMT+3:00);
- Statistics on GDP of Canada at 15:30 (GMT+3:00).
Original Source: JustForex News