Week’s main events 09.07 – 13.07.
This article is originally referred from JustForex News.
Today, JustForex’s team of financial analysts has prepared a new review of events in the upcoming week.
These events can significantly affect the Forex market. Choose and track the ones that are most important to you.
Last week, the US dollar moved away from annual highs. On Friday, the US published mixed statistics on the labor market for June. In the non-farm sector of the country, 213,000 new jobs were created, which was higher than market expectations of 200,000. The growth in average hourly wages slowed to 0.2%. The unemployment rate increased from 3.8% to 4.0%. Participants in financial markets continue to assess the risks of a trade war between the US and China.
In the upcoming trading week, we recommend you to pay attention to the following macroeconomic events and reports.
July 9th, Monday
On Monday, the news feed will be calm.
The publication of important economic reports is not planned.
We advise paying attention to the speech by the FOMC representative Kashkari.
July 10th, Tuesday
On Tuesday, we expect important statistical data:
- Manufacturing production in the UK at 11:30 (GMT+3:00);
- ZEW economic sentiment index in Germany at 12:00 (GMT+3:00);
- A number of open jobs in the JOLTS labor market at 17:00 (GMT+3:00).
July 11th, Wednesday
On Wednesday, a key event will be the meeting of the Bank of Canada.
At 17:00 (GMT+3:00) the regulator will announce its decision on the key interest rate.
We also recommend paying attention to the economic reports from the USA:
- The producer price index at 15:30 (GMT+3:00);
- Crude oil inventories according to the EIA at 17:30 (GMT+3:00).
July 12th, Thursday
On Thursday, investors’ attention will be focused on the minutes of the ECB meeting on monetary policy at 14:30 (GMT+3:00).
At 15:30 (GMT+3:00) we expect a report on inflation in the US.
July 13th, Friday
On Friday, the news feed will be fairly calm:
- Trade balance of China at 06:00 (GMT+3:00);
- Indices of export and import prices in the USA at 15:30 (GMT+3:00);
- Indices of consumers’ sentiment and expectations from the University of Michigan at 17:00 (GMT+3:00).
Original Source: JustForex News