Changes to the Card Issuer Terms and Conditions.
ePayments is updating the Terms and Conditions for using ePayments cards.
Due to changes in legislation (The Second Payment Services Directive), they have added a series of new terms, supplemented existing ones, and they have also added other clarifications to reflect the company’s policies more fully.
We would like to draw your attention to the main changes:
- ePayments have added clarifications for card usage (7.1) and the term “operation authorisation” (7.6 (b));
- ePayments have added the condition of possibly freezing the card if it shows a negative balance (7.10 (h));
- New card operation dispute terms have been added (7.12);
- Fee terms and conditions have been reformulated (7.13);
- ePayments have also made important changes in clauses related to refunds for unauthorised/incorrectly processed operations which reflect current legislation (8.2, 8.3 and 8.4).
We strongly recommend that you spend some time reading through the updated terms. You can find the entire document here.
Changes will come into effect as of 14.05.2018.
If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, you should cease using your card and block it by contacting the support team before 14.05.2018.