How to deposit via Credit/Debit card to XM trading account
XM - What's now?
XM has updated the maximum leverage to 1:1000 in June 2022.
Leverage 1:1000 does not apply to client registered under the EU regulated entity of the Group. The maximum leverage for Trading Point of Financial Instruments is 30:1.
- How to make a deposit to XM’s MT4 and MT5 accounts?
- Questions and Answers about Deposit and Withdrawal with XM
- What fund deposit and withdrawal methods are available with XM?
- In which currency can I deposit funds to XM’s accounts?
- What is the required minimum deposit amount to XM’s trading accounts?
- Can I withdraw funds via credit/debit cards more than I have deposited?
- Can I withdraw my money from XM whenever I want?
- Can I withdraw my money from XM if I have an open position?
- How long does it take to transfer funds via bank wire transfer?
- How long does it take to withdraw funds from XM’s accounts?
- How long does it take to deposit and withdraw funds via credit card, e-wallet or any other payment method?
- How much is the fee to deposit and withdraw funds?
- Can I deposit by e-wallets (online wallets) and withdraw money via credit/debit cards?
- Can I transfer money to another person’s trading account?
- Can I deposit to/withdraw from my friend’s/relative’s account?
- Can I withdraw profits and bonus made in the bonus account?
- Can I transfer money in my account to another account of XM?
- What will happen to the bonus if I use internal transfer?
- I used more than one deposit option, how can I withdraw now?
How to make a deposit to XM’s MT4 and MT5 accounts?
To XM’s trading accounts, there are various ways to make a deposit.
For the list of XM’s all fund deposit and withdrawal methods, visit the page here.
Or you can also login to XM’s members are to find out which funding options are available for your region.
In this article, we will show you how to make a deposit to XM’s trading accounts by using Credit or Debit card.
To make a deposit into XM’s trading account, please follow the instruction below.
1. Login to the XM’s “Members Area”
2. Select the deposit method “Credit/Debit Cards”
3. Type in the deposit amount
4. Confirm the account number and deposit amount
5. Type in Credit/Debit card information in secured page
The deposit amount will be instantly reflected into your trading account.
Are you having trouble with Deposit to XM MT4 or MT5?
Contact their support team on Livechat. They are available for 24/7.
How XM keeps clients’ funds in the safe place? Visit the page here to find out more about the security of funds.
Questions and Answers about Deposit and Withdrawal with XM
Fund management is always a delicate matter, and you are recommended to always know the rules of fund deposit and withdrawal with XM.
In case you have any questions about the fund management with XM, you should contact XM’s support team.
We have also picked up some of the popular and frequently asked questions below.
1. What fund deposit and withdrawal methods are available with XM?
XM offers a wide range of payment options for deposits/withdrawals: by multiple credit cards, multiple electronic payment methods, bank wire transfer, local bank transfer and other payment methods.
As soon as you open a trading account, you can log in to XM’s Members Area, select a payment method of your preference on the Deposits/Withdrawal pages, and follow the instructions given.
Visit the page here to see the list of all available fund deposit and withdrawal methods for XM’s trading accounts.
Note that the number of available fund deposit and withdrawal methods maybe limited for traders in certain countries.
To see the whole list of available funding options, please login to XM’s members area.
2. In which currency can I deposit funds to XM’s accounts?
You can deposit money in any currency of your preference, which will get automatically converted into the base currency of your trading account.
The conversion of currencies will be made by XM’s banks or the payment service providers.
To avoid any exchange fees, you are recommended to open your trading accounts in your local currency.
With XM, you can open live trading accounts with the following base currencies: USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, AUD, HUF, PLN, RUB, SGD, ZAR.
Note that the number of available account’s base currencies maybe limited depending on the account type and the country residence.
Visit the page here for the comparison of XM’s all trading account types.
3. What is the required minimum deposit amount to XM’s trading accounts?
The minimum deposit/withdrawal amount is 5 USD (or equivalent denomination) for multiple payment methods supported in all countries.
However, the amount varies according to the payment method you choose and your trading account validation status.
You can read more details about the deposit and withdrawal process in the Members Area.
For some payment methods, there can be certain cost of money transfer, thus you may consider the involved costs before making any fund transfers.
4. Can I withdraw funds via credit/debit cards more than I have deposited?
Since XM can only transfer the same amount back to your card as the amount you have deposited, profits can be transferred to your bank account via wire transfer.
If your credit/debit card is disabled due to it’s expired or stolen, then XM may send back the funds to your bank directly.
This rule applies to many of other funding options.
For more information, please login to XM’s members area from XM Official Website.
5. Can I withdraw my money from XM whenever I want?
Yes, you can withdraw your funds whenever you want to, as long as your trading account is validated.
In order to withdraw funds, your trading account must be validated.
This means that first you need to upload your documents in our Members Area: Proof of Identity (ID, passport, driving license) and Proof of Residency (utility bill, telephone/Internet/TV bill or bank statement), which include your address and your name and can’t be older than 6 months.
Once you receive confirmation from XM’s Validation Department that your account has been validated, you can request the funds withdrawal by logging in to the Members Area, selecting the Withdrawal tab and sending us a withdrawal request.
It is only possible to send your withdrawal back to the original source of deposit.
All withdrawals are processed by XM’s Back Office within 24 hours on business days.
For more information about the required documents to complete the account verification, visit the page here.
6. Can I withdraw my money from XM if I have an open position?
Yes, you can. However, to ensure the safety of XM’s clients’ trades the following restrictions apply:
- Requests which would cause the margin level to drop below 150% will not be accepted from Monday 01:00 to Friday 23:50 GMT+2 (DST applies).
- Requests which could cause the margin level to drop below 400% will not be accepted during weekends, from Friday 23:50 to Monday 01:00 GMT+2 (DST applies).
When requesting for fund withdrawals, make sure that you will have enough margins to support your open positions.
If the margin level reaches certain low level, stop out (liquidation) gets triggered and all open positions will be forcefully closed at the last available market price.
7. How long does it take to transfer funds via bank wire transfer?
It depends on the country the money is sent to.
Standard bank wire within the EU takes 3 working days.
Bank wires to some countries may take up to 5 working days.
If your funds haven’t arrived for more than 5 business days, you may contact your bank to track the status of your money transfer.
The bank wire transfer could take longer in case the information you have put is incorrect.
8. How long does it take to withdraw funds from XM’s accounts?
Your withdrawal request is processed by XM’s back office within 24 hours.
You will receive your money on the same day for payments made via e-wallet, while for payments by bank wire or credit/debit card it usually takes 2 – 5 business days.
In case XM’s bank office cannot process your fund withdrawals, they will contact you regarding to the issue.
In case you haven’t received your funds for certain days after the fund withdrawal is completed, you may need to contact your banks or payment service providers to track the money transfer.
9. How long does it take to deposit and withdraw funds via credit card, e-wallet or any other payment method?
All deposits are instant, except for the bank wire transfer.
All withdrawals are processed by XM’s back office in 24 hours on business days.
In case you haven’t received your funds after the fund withdrawal is completed, you may need to contact your banks or payment service providers to track the money transfer.
In case of fund withdrawal via credit and debit cards, the process could sometimes take more than a week by the card companies.
10. How much is the fee to deposit and withdraw funds?
XM does not charge any fees for all deposit/withdrawal options.
For instance, if you deposit 100 EUR by eWallet and then withdraw 100 EUR, you will see the full amount of 100 EUR in your eWallet account, as XM covers all transaction fees for you both ways.
This also applies to all credit/debit card deposits.
For deposits/withdrawals via bank wire transfer, XMTrading covers all transfer fees imposed by our banks, except for deposits amounting to less than 200 EUR (or equivalent denomination).
11. Can I deposit by e-wallets (online wallets) and withdraw money via credit/debit cards?
To protect all parties against fraud and in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations for the prevention and suppression of money laundering, XM company’s policy is to return clients’ funds to the origin of these funds, and as such the withdrawal will be returned to your e-wallet account.
This applies to all withdrawal methods, and the withdrawal has to go back to the source of the funds deposit.
In case you have made deposits via multiple methods, then please contact XM support to team to clarify the methods available for fund withdrawals.
12. Can I transfer money to another person’s trading account?
No, this is not possible.
It is forbidden to transfer funds between different clients’ accounts and involve any third parties.
You can also make deposits only to your trading accounts, but not to any other person’s accounts.
No third parties can make deposits on behalf of you, to your trading accounts either.
If you have opened multiple trading accounts under your profile, then you can transfer funds between these live trading accounts internally in XM’s members area.
13. Can I deposit to/withdraw from my friend’s/relative’s account?
As XM is a regulated company, XM does not accept deposits/withdrawals made by third parties.
Your deposit can only be made from your own account, and the withdrawal has to go back to the source where the deposit was made.
This rule applies to any other online Forex and CFD brokers which are regulated by certain financial authorities.
14. Can I withdraw profits and bonus made in the bonus account?
The bonus is for trading purposes only, and cannot be withdrawn.
XM offers you the bonus amount to help you open larger positions and allow you to hold your positions open for a longer period.
All profits made with the bonus can be withdrawn at any time.
XM does not have the maximum limitation to the amount of profits you can withdraw from live trading accounts.
Note that for profits made in XM’s $30 No Deposit Bonus account, there are certain trading requirement.
For more information and full condition of XM’s $30 No Deposit Bonus promotion, visit the page here.
15. Can I transfer money in my account to another account of XM?
Yes, this is possible.
You can request an internal transfer between two trading accounts, but only if both accounts have been opened under your name and if both trading accounts have been validated.
If the base currency is different, the amount will be converted.
Internal transfer can be requested in the Members Area, and it is instantly processed.
16. What will happen to the bonus if I use internal transfer?
In this case the bonus will be credited proportionally.
The example of how the bonus will be transferred to other accounts
17. I used more than one deposit option, how can I withdraw now?
If one of your deposit methods has been a credit/debit card, you always need to request withdrawal up to the deposit amount, as a prior to any other withdrawal method.
Only in case that amount deposited via credit/debit card is fully refunded back to source, you may select another withdrawal method, according to your other deposits.