Important – Keep your Trading Account Safe and Secure.
XM - What's now?
Leverage 1:888 does not apply to client registered under the EU regulated entity of the Group. The maximum leverage for Trading Point of Financial Instruments is 30:1.
This article is originally referred from XM News.
We kindly ask you to take the time to read through the safety tips below as a precautionary measure of keeping your XM trading account safe.
We would like to remind you that although the financial sector employs a higher level of security than other business sectors, it is still very important that you ensure you keep your account safe and secure.
XM has prepared a short 5-step guide on how to choose and manage your passwords, which we hope will help you maximize the security of your account.
How to Protect your XM Account?
- Complexity: Choose complex passwords that include numbers, lower case and upper-case letters.
- Length: Use a password that is at least 8 characters long. Longer passwords are harder to guess and crack.
- Randomness: Avoid using passwords that relate to you or are easy to guess. Avoid using common/simple words or patterns (i.e. passw0rd, abc456).
- Keep your passwords safe: Do not write your passwords in notebooks or post-it notes. Instead, you can use a free password manager such as KeePass.
- Enable the 2-Step Authentication: Where applicable, which adds an extra layer of protection.
How to set up the 2-Step Authentication?
XM offers its clients the choice of enabling the 2-Step Authentication, which will help maximize the security of your account in case you forget your password and wish to reset it.
If you wish to enable this security measure, please go to the client portal and follow the on-screen instructions.
Original Source: XM News