FP Markets warns clients about Scam E-Mails and Messages
FP Markets reminds all clients to remain vigilant regarding cyber-related scams.
Be aware of Scam E-mails or Messages
FP Markets has reminded all clients to remain vigilant regarding cyber-related scams that are increasingly prevalent at the moment, globally.
FP Markets has had a limited number of clients who have been contacted by scammers claiming to be from FP Markets.
Scam e-mails or messages, which are typically badly written, appearing to come from FP Markets may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Third parties claiming to be an FP Markets representative (sometimes asking for remote access via Team Viewer);
- Stating incorrectly that FP Markets are set to close client accounts;
- Requesting clients’ “know your client” (KYC) details; and
- Requesting that clients withdraw their funds.
The messages may simply be an attempt to lure you into paying them money as an advance fee or for you to give them your banking details.
In other cases, the e-mail may contain a malicious attachment or web link.
If a user opens the attachment or follows the link, a malicious code may be installed on the user’s system without the user being aware.
Here is the message sent from FP Markets regarding the activities of scammers claiming to be from FP Markets.
Please be vigilant as follows:
Beware of emails from individuals claiming to be FP Markets representatives contacting you via email or telephone from details that appear unfamiliar.
The fraudulent emails or messages hold themselves out to be from an FP Markets representative and contain the FP Markets logo and a variation of a staff auto signature but are in fact sent from a Gmail address.
We recommend that you delete any scam emails or messages you receive. We suggest:
- You do not follow unsolicited web links and do not open unsolicited e-mail messages.
- Never allow remote access to your computer via TeamViewer or any other platform.
- You maintain up-to-date antivirus software.
- Use caution when visiting untrusted websites.
- Do not respond with money or banking or other personal information.
- If in doubt, check the authenticity with us – see below. Please do report scams to us in any event.
FP Markets would like to remind its clients that it never sends emails to its clients from email addresses outside the FP Markets domain.
For a list of email addresses please refer to the Contact Us section of our website.
FP Markets also never requests “remote access” into your computer via TeamViewer nor any other platform.
What you should do if you are unsure about unsolicited correspondence:
Be alert to unknown callers requesting personal information or bank details purporting to be from FP Markets.
If you are not expecting such a call please end the call and redial our main contact numbers to be found on our “Contact Us” page of the FP Markets website, asking to speak to your usual FP Markets account manager.
Please stay alert and remain vigilant regarding any unsolicited communication from FP Markets and we encourage you to contact our Customer Support Team if you have any concerns or are suspicious in any way.
CFD Service. Your capital is at risk.
- Open an Account