A quick and easy procedure to access a wide range of low-cost trading tools on MetaTrader platforms.
How to open an IC Markets account?
The Australian broker offers traders the opportunity to open a new account through an extremely quick and easy procedure.
The interested trader will simply have to visit the official website of IC Markets and follow the next simple steps:
- Step 1: Provide Personal Data.
- To start, the trader must enter personal data on the registration page including name, surname, valid email, and telephone number.
- Step 2: Residence and choice of account type
- Insert in the appropriate spaces the type of preferred account type (individual, joint or company), date of birth, address, country of residence, city and tax code.
- Step 3: Account Details
- Select the type of platform that best suits your trading style by being able to choose between MetaTrader5, cTrader or MetaTrader4, the type of account (Standard Account or Raw Spread) and the base currency of the account (USD, EUR and GBP).
- Step 4: Trading Experience and Security.
- Specify your trading experience by choosing between basic, intermediate, and advanced. Provide a security question and answer. This last procedure will be used to verify the identity of the trader when contacting the broker via telephone, live chat and email.
- Step 5: terms and conditions.
- Carefully read and accept the terms and conditions of use imposed by IC Market with the relative declaration of authorization for data processing.
- Step 6: Get started.
- Make a deposit into your account using the various payment methods offered and start trading.
Types of accounts offered by IC Markets
IC Markets offers traders different types of accounts to meet the needs of any trader.
- Standard Account
- An extremely versatile type of account, suitable for both beginner and professional trading. The minimum deposit is practically nonexistent (only $1) and it is possible to start investing on MetaTrader platforms on over 200 different CFDs and more than 60 currency pairs, and trading costs are very competitive and spreads start from 0.6 pips.
- Raw Spread Account
- The Raw Spread account is arguably the most popular among IC Markets clients. The main reasons for its success come from an extremely competitive investment environment on MT4, MT5 and cTrader platforms, ultra-low spreads starting from 0 pips, and instantaneous execution speed with almost no latency. The high speed of execution offered comes from the latest generation servers located in the Equinix NY4 data center in New York and over 50 available liquidity providers. Trading fees are among the lowest on the market, with $3.50 on Metatrader and $3 on cTrader for each lot traded.
- Professional account
- This type of account is offered by the broker only for clients resident in Europe. In order to access the use of the account, the trader must meet the following requirements imposed by IC Markets.
- More than 10 trades per quarter with a high investment volume in the past year.
- Having a portfolio with financial instruments for over €500,000 (in the bank or on your own account).
- Being a professional and have extensive experience in the financial services industry.
- If the European trader meets the requirements listed above, he will be able to open a professional account and use maximum leverage of 1:500 and benefit from extremely advantageous investment conditions and trading costs. We would like to remind you that this type of account reserved for professional traders does not support negative balance protection.
|Account Type||cTrader||Raw Spread||Standard|
|Minimum Spread||0.0 pips||0.0 pips||0.6 pips|
|Trading Commission||$3.0 ($6.0 per lot roundturn)||$3.5 ($7.0 per lot roundturn)||None|
|Server Location||London||New York||New York|
|Trading Strategies Allowed||All||All||All|
|Islamic Swap-Free account||Available||Available||Available|
|Number of FX pairs||61||61||61|
|One Click Trading||Available||Available||Available|
|Stop Out Level||50%||50%||50%|
|Micro Lot Trading (0.01)||Available||Available||Available|
|Maximum number of position orders per account||2000||200||200|
|Recommended for||Day Traders & Scalpers||EAs & Scalpers||Discretionary Traders|
|Signup Pages||Open cTrader account||Open Raw Spread account||Open Standard account|
Deposits and withdrawals
One of the main features of the broker, certainly particularly attractive for any new customers, is that IC Markets requires an almost non-existent minimum deposit equal to just one dollar.
The trader will be able to start trading with reduced volumes while keeping the risk percentages low.
Despite the low minimum deposit, IC Markets recommends starting with a minimum deposit of at least €200 in order to get a satisfying trading experience.
There are 4 types of payment available to be able to deposit funds into your account:
- Credit and debit card, such as Visa and Mastercard.
- Bank transfer (via TransferWire).
As for withdrawals on IC Markets, the crediting times range from 3 days up to a maximum of 2 weeks.
The timing of the transaction varies depending on the payment method selected (which must be the same as the one used for deposits).
Withdrawing from your IC Markets account does not involve any cost or commission, except for international withdrawals, which charge $20 in commissions or the equivalent in the base currency of the account.