MetaQuotes Software, the developer of the MetaTrader 5, has released the new version build 1224 for Android devices.
- MT5 Platform offered by OctaFX
- Why choose OctaFX MT5
- Any type of order available
- MT5 compatible on any device
- Cutting-edge graphic tools for technical analysis
- MT5 fundamental analysis
- MT5 automatic trading
- Integrated strategy tester
- Forex robots for scalping
- Excessive speed does not preclude misinformation
- Summary of the advantages and features of the OctaFX MT5 platform
- OctaFX MT5 Account
- How to open an OctaFX MT5 account
Advanced technologies and cutting-edge tools by investing in one of the best platforms in the world.
MT5 Platform offered by OctaFX
Undoubtedly a leader in the industry, OctaFX holds the title of Best Broker in Asia in 2022. A true giant in providing online trading services that offers top-notch services and tools. An easily accessible and opportunity-rich trading environment with extremely advantageous trading conditions, including:
- Maximum leverage up to 1:500.
- Over 230 trading instruments.
- Attractive promotional offers such as a 50% Bonus.
- No commission.
- 24/7 multilingual customer support.
- 30 crypto currency pairs for weekend trading.
- Tight spreads.
- Fast deposits and withdrawals.
- Lightning-fast and secure order execution.
In addition to the countless tools and services offered, the broker allows traders to use one of the most popular and powerful platforms, MT5. MetaTrader 5 (MT5) is a cutting-edge multi-asset platform that offers a technologically advanced trading environment. Created to replace the older MT4 platform in the future, it features more efficient features and much faster backtest functions allowing traders to perform simultaneous tests on multiple pairs. Suitable and compatible with any style and level of experience, the platform has an extremely intuitive interface that is easy to understand and use. In summary, the platform offers the ability to trade on Forex, indices, and commodities through extraordinary features, technical and fundamental market analysis, copy trading, and built-in automated trading capabilities. Furthermore, the version offered by the broker has a wide range of orders and execution modes, so as to meet any type of requirement.
The MT5 software, in addition to being an improved version of the MT4 platform, has significantly superior structural features compared to other platforms on the market. MT5 offers a high number of tools for technical analysis and more chart creation and time options. Issues arising from any limits for pending orders and the inability to make a fast buy-sell in a few clicks will be totally absent. This will make every operation easier and faster.
Following is a summary of the main features of the platform:
- Wide range of pending orders.
- Customers will have the opportunity to enter up to eight types of pending orders in order to have full control over open positions.
- Crypto trading.
- The platform allows traders to operate through scalping, intraday swing trading, or position trading.
- One-click trading.
- A necessary function to react quickly in highly volatile markets. The trader can open a new position with just one click of the mouse.
- Cutting-edge technical analysis tools.
- MT5 includes additional technical tools, allowing the use of over 21 timeframes for chart creation and nine additional techniques for structuring charts.
- Clear segregation.
- Fast and secure segregation between order, position, and transaction terms.
- Top-notch strategy tester.
- An improved service that offers precise and detailed simulations on both results and performance.
- Economic calendar.
- An essential tool for accurately monitoring markets and staying constantly updated on events, data, and economic indicators in real-time.
- Improved EAs.
- A wide range of MQL forex market tabs integrated for EAs.
Why Choose OctaFX MT5
A unique tool in every aspect, capable of making every trading experience as advantageous as possible, MT5 allows traders to invest using finely structured services and tools.
Any type of order available
To allow traders to achieve their goals, the platform does not place any limits on the types of orders to be executed. Regardless of the trader’s modus operandi, strategies, whether they require execution on request, instant, exchange, or market. MT5 allows you to execute trading orders, including pending, market, stop, and trailing stop orders:
- Market orders.
- This type of order can be executed instantly with the consent of the broker or trader.
- Pending orders.
- Pending orders are placed at a certain moment but executed in the future. They will be executed when the market situation agrees with the specified conditions. On MT5, there are six pending orders available.
- Stop orders.
- Compatible with both market and pending orders, stop orders are placed to protect against possible losses and lock in profits. On MT5, you can execute two stop orders.
- Trailing stop (stop loss).
- Stop loss orders involve the broker’s intervention if the market price reaches a specific level that is less favorable than the current price. As the price decreases, stop loss levels vary.
MT5 compatible with any device
The platform is versatile, compatible with any Windows, Linux, and Mac OS device. In addition to the common desktop version, customers will have the opportunity to download the software on their iOS or Android mobile devices, so they can always have control over their operations and act anywhere and at any time they deem necessary.
Cutting-edge charting tools for technical analysis
The MT5 platform allows customers to use as many as 44 analytical objects, including Gann, Fibonacci retracements, Elliott tools, geometric shapes, and more to structure extremely accurate technical analysis.
- The software allows you to set calculation parameters, manually execute charting tools, and customize them to make them suitable for your purpose.
- A wide range of indicators to use on charts such as trend oscillators, volume indicators, and Bill Williams tools. The trader can overlay multiple indicators on a single chart to have full control over their operations.
- If the trader deems it necessary to use more indicators for more accurate trading strategies, they can use the Market and the Code Base to download additional indicators. Furthermore, developers have the opportunity to access the MetaEditor to create custom indicators.
MT5 Fundamental Analysis
Fundamental analysis is an extremely important technique for identifying advantageous opportunities through accurate analysis of trends and patterns. Most investors use fundamental analysis to accurately calculate the real value of a particular product. The main tools used in technical analysis are: macroeconomic indicators-economic calendar, charts, trends, support-resistance.
- MetaTrader 5 Economic Calendar.
- It is a service that offers real-time display of important macroeconomic indicators, allowing the client to predict price trends. In addition to accessing the display of imminent events, the service allows you to view past events so you can learn in detail about the instrument you have decided to invest in. Each available indicator presents release time, priority, and previous values. There is a color coding used to distinguish the expected values and the actual values of the indicators. On MT5, the indicators can be viewed in the “Calendar” tab of the Toolbox window, and if a trader considers it necessary to add indicators to the charts, they will only need to click on “Add all events” in the calendar menu.
- The types of charts available on MT5 are: broken line, bar sequence, Japanese candles. An extremely useful tool to know the trends and support or resistance levels that will allow the trader to predict price fluctuations more accurately.
- Useful for more accurately identifying market fluctuations through the two main market trends: bullish trend and bearish trend.
- Support and resistance.
- Allows access to the main indications for opening a position and informs the trader about potential profits or losses.
MetaTrader 5 is a fully customizable platform and offers a wide range of templates and profiles to use to modify colors and analytical objects to apply to charts as you wish. It has 21 timeframes for any financial product, over 80 of the best analytical tools in the world, and the ability to use other indicators to create charts in line with your needs.
MT5 Automatic Trading
The software structure is entirely based on the MQL5 programming language and allows the platform a type of programming called Black Box. This is extremely useful for developers and users who typically use trading robots. Trading robots (or automatic trading) are apps that allow traders to carry out buy and sell operations through fully automated processes previously set according to their needs. These apps analyze market fluctuations of financial instruments to enable clients to execute more advantageous transactions. MT5 offers the possibility to download numerous MQL5 indicators, both free and paid.
Integrated Strategy Tester
The Strategy Tester is a service that essentially simulates the performance of a trading robot in order to optimize its use before running it on a real account. Tests are mainly based on historical currency quotations and other financial products. Based on the results obtained, the usefulness of the Expert Advisor (EA) can be evaluated.
To further improve the performance of a robot, the client can perform multiple tests using different sets of parameters, allowing them to choose the best set of inputs. Through the MQL5 cloud, the client can use multiple computers simultaneously to speed up the process and test results. The test results will be displayed in figures, and a large amount of statistical data can be accessed, including profit/loss percentages, expected earnings, etc.
Forex Robot for Scalping
An excellent tool for improving scalping techniques without having to intervene manually. In forex, opening multiple short-term orders is vital to close them at the right time. In some cases, robots play an important role in providing precision in Forex and index trading.
In summary, MT5 scalping offers the opportunity to make small investments extremely profitable. This type of investment is great for traders with a low risk appetite, as it does not involve huge investments but aims for substantial profits.
Excessive speed does not preclude misinformation
Market Depth (DOM) is a feature that allows clients to have a current overview of fluctuations in certain indices. As for retail traders, this information is usually not accessible, as there is no centralized exchange from which to derive data. The DOM is a function used for both exchange symbols and non-exchange symbols.
- For exchange symbols, the function allows you to view real-time updated volumes and prices.
- For non-exchange symbols, it facilitates the execution of market and pending orders with a single click.
One-click order execution is essential for seizing every opportunity at the right time. By selecting “One-click Trading,” you will have access to a dedicated MT5 window that allows traders to execute instant transactions.
Summary of the advantages and features of the OctaFX MT5 platform
In the following table, you can find a summary of all the main features of the MT5 platform offered by OctaFX:
|Web Trading (MacOS compatible)||Available|
|Mobile browser trading||Supported|
|Market depth||Level 2|
|Lot volume calculation||Yes|
|Unit volume calculation||Yes|
|Full-size tick chart||Available|
|Tools for visual technical analysis||Available|
|Create and share automatic chart screenshots||Yes|
|Reverse position with one click||Not available|
|Close all open positions with one click||No|
|Double position with one click||Not available|
|Real-time market news||Yes|
|Multilingual user interface||Yes|
|Automatic software updates||Yes|
|Customizable platform time offset||No|
OctaFX MT5 Account
The MT5 account offered by the broker offers numerous advantages. Trading conditions among the best on the market, almost instantaneous order execution, and advanced technologies will offer the interested trader the opportunity to exploit every operation with maximum potential. By consulting the next table, you can learn in detail the characteristics of the MT5 account offered by OctaFX.
|Features||OctaFX MT5 Account|
|Spreads||Variable, starting from 0.6 pips|
|Minimum deposit||100 USD|
|Available instruments||35 currency pairs, gold and silver, 3 energies + 10 indices, 30 cryptocurrencies, 150 stocks|
|Maximum leverage||1:500 for currencies (1:100 for ZARJPY), 1:200 for metals, 1:100 for energies, 1:50 for indices, 1:25 for cryptocurrencies, 1:20 for stocks|
|Minimum volume||0.01 lot|
|Maximum volume||500 lots|
|Execution type||Market, executed in less than 0.1 seconds|
|Deposit currencies available||USD or EUR|
How to open an OctaFX MT5 account
To open a new MT5 account with OctaFX, simply follow these easy steps:
- Step 1
- To begin, the interested trader must go to the official website and click the “open an account” button located at the top right of the page.
- Step 2
- A window will appear where you need to enter your first name, last name, valid email, and password. After entering the required information, the broker will send a confirmation email to the previously entered address to continue the registration.
- Step 3
- In this step, you will be asked for your country of residence, active phone number (of the applicant), date of birth, and any trading experience. Additionally, the future customer will have to decide whether to create a Standard account (set automatically) or a “Custom” account. By choosing the latter option, the trader can manually customize their account and decide which platform (in this case MT5) and maximum leverage to use.
- Step 4
- Now that the account is open, the final step involves a verification process to confirm the applicant’s real identity. To proceed, the trader must submit a clear photo of a valid identification document (ID card, passport, driver’s license, etc.) and a document proving their actual residence (recent utility bill for gas, electricity, bank statement, etc.).
- Step 5
- Once the verification is successful, the customer can make their first deposit and start investing.