If you are a novice trader or want to improve your trading knowledge with financial experts, or want to just see your broker’s team in person, there are many local events and seminars held by online Forex and CFD brokers.
Not the online seminars (webinars), but we list all local events and seminars by online brokers in the page below.
There are hundreds of educational seminars, Expo and invitation only parties for Forex investors every month.
Check out the schedule, location and the event details to see if you want to participate.
These events and seminars are great opportunities to meet brokers in person and learn exclusive information from market experts.
Online brokers visit many countries including Asia, Africa and Europe, and they are all free to participate.
Bookmark the page to check the schedule of events and seminars.
Why you should meet market experts?
Most beginner traders often make the same mistakes over and over again, regardless of how well educated they are, their age or gender, or their professional experience.
They will then lose significant amounts of money because they are unprepared and lack discipline.
For many, it’s hard to imagine paying money for a trading coach, even as they continue to lose money week after week.
For such investors, the free local seminars are great opportunities to meet professionals and ask any questions you want.
Let’s imagine you are ill and you need surgery.
Just because you’ve watched documentaries and read books about medicine doesn’t mean you are ready to perform your surgery.
You would rather ask an experienced professional to do the surgery.
Well, it’s the same thing with trading.
Before you start trading, consider getting a trading coach to set a rock-solid foundation and get started on the right foot.
Their experience alone will be invaluable along with their ability to provide unique coaching lessons specific to helping you grow as a trader.
Once you spend money on a trading coach, you shouldn’t think about how much money you need to earn with your trading to pay back your expense, but how much money the coach is going to save you by minimising your silly losses.
That’s thinking like a professional.
Why do you need a trading coach?
A coach will have a positive impact on your immediate trading behaviour, thus helping you develop good long-term trading habits.
To do so, he/she will not tell you what you want to hear, but what you need to hear.
To help you in your trading, a coach has to be honest about the reality of your financial goals, as well as the things you need to change to be more successful.
He/she will help you break bad habits that tend to negatively impact your trading.
He/she will tell you what to do and what to avoid.
Most of the time, a coach will positively impact all aspects of your life, even becoming a source of comfort and inspiration during tough times.
A coach will help you set more realistic financial goals, depending on your risk aversion, your trading capital, your time horizon, the financial products you use as well as the underlying assets.
He/she will also help you to be more patient, disciplined and focused.
All that being said, you should keep in mind that coaches make money thanks to their students.
For this reason, you will find many sales pitches from people purporting to be first-rate trading coaches.
To pick the best coach for you, consider the following:
- Think about whether you want a coach that still trades, or is out of the game. Is it important for you to know they are or have been successful traders?
- Determine what kind of coaching style is right for you.
- Try to focus more on how well his/her students are doing after his/her coaching, rather than on his/her results as a trader.
- Know how available your coach will be.
- Know if the coaching sessions are in a group or one-to-one.
Remember that results cannot be guaranteed, but a trading coach will improve your general trading knowledge and help you avoid all kinds of mistakes that could lead to major financial losses.
You will also be able to better control your trading psychology, which is one of the most challenging aspects of trading.
Top 4 elements professional traders must focus on
Becoming a professional trader starts with adopting the right mindset to trade in the best conditions possible.
The psychological aspect of trading is probably one of the trickiest and most important aspects to master if you want to succeed.
You should always be humble, patient, dedicated, proactive, knowledgeable and focused.
Let’s review the top 4 elements professional traders must focus on.
1# Have a trading routine
A trading routine is essential to your success as it allows you to automate many tasks, so then you can focus on more important and complex ones.
Having a trading routine also allows you to be in full control of the situation, save time and remain objective.
This will reinforce your confidence in your decision making.
A routine also helps you to enhance your concentration.
The step-by-step process you follow every day will require less and less time and focus, as you will be used to doing the same things over and over again.
2# Build a sound trading plan
As a trader, it’s vital your winning trades are larger than your losing ones unless you are a short-term trader with a high win percentage.
A good trading plan will help you to build an effective investment strategy to follow, so you can make money more consistently, and not trade on gut feelings.
A good trading plan requires at least the following elements:
- Why are you trading? What are you trying to achieve? Can you afford to lose the money you invest?
- What is your investment strategy? What are you investing in? Which are the setups you will follow to open and close your positions? Chart patterns, overbought or oversold or reversals to name a few.
- What money and risk management rules are you going to follow? Position size, stop-loss, take-profit orders and the ideal risk/reward ratios.
- How will you handle market volatility? What are your strengths and weaknesses? What about the psychological implications of implementing your trading plan?
3# Execute and follow your trading plan
A trading plan helps you to remove human emotions from the decision process, but only if you follow and execute your plan to the letter.
Overcoming your emotions when trading is the most challenging aspect for any trader.
The best way to follow your trading plan is first to have covered as many explicit details as possible while writing it.
Once you have a thorough and precise trading plan, the next step is to believe in it, especially when you become emotional.
You need to understand and believe in your trading strategy.
Of course, you can’t be successful if you are not focused on what you are doing.
Another important part of the psychology of trading is not placing too much importance on your bad trades.
Losses (some traders like to refer to losses as ‘paying rent’) are part of the trading routine, and you should learn to accept them.
Focus on successfully implementing your trading plan and know your good trades are around the corner.
4# Minimise mistakes and learn from the past
Trading mistakes are unavoidable. However, following your trading plan helps you minimise mistakes, to improve as a trader as well as to keep moving forward.
If you are to become a professional trader, then you must learn from your mistakes.
You never want them negatively impacting your future trades.
Here are some common trading mistakes to avoid:
- Do not put all your eggs in the same basket: diversify your trading and investment portfolio. Using the ROYAL trading platform, you have access to many trading instruments including FX, CFDs and Commodities.
- Do not have unrealistic expectations – e.g. you will not have losing trades; you will make thousands of dollars in every trade you make.
- Do not risk more than 1% of your trading capital on a single trade.
- Do not trade just before and after the news, as markets are volatile – except if you are a news As a news trader, you will need to work off the volatility provided by the market.
- Do not open a position without a stop-loss order. Make use of the stop-loss order and other risk management tools available on the ROYAL trading platform.
- Do not trade or invest in a market you don’t know or understand.
- Do not rush: invest in the right trade.
- Do not hold on to losing positions. Better to cut your losses quickly.
- Do not trade with a revenge state-of-mind.
By following the top four elements a professional trader must focus on, you should get much closer to achieving your desired returns in the market with the lowest drawdowns.