New review of events in the upcoming week.
This article is originally referred from JustForex News.
Last week, the US dollar continued to decline relative to currency majors.
The dollar index (#DX) updated local lows and closed in the negative zone.
The escalation of the trade conflict between the US and China slowed, which caused an increase in demand for risky assets.
The Bank of Japan and the Swiss National Bank, as expected, kept the main marks of monetary policy at the same level.
Financial market participants expect the Fed meeting.
In the upcoming trading week, we recommend you to pay attention to the following macroeconomic events and reports.
Monday, September 24th
On Monday, the news feed will be fairly calm. At 11:00 (GMT+3:00) German Ifo business climate index will be published.
The financial markets of Japan and China will be closed due to the holiday.
Tuesday, September 25th
On Tuesday, investors will assess the CB consumer confidence index in the US at 17:00 (GMT+3:00).
Experts expect that in September the index will slow down from 133.4 to 132.0.
Wednesday, September 26th
On Wednesday, On Wednesday, the Fed will announce its decision on the key interest rate at 21:00 (GMT+3:00).
We recommend paying attention to the comments by the representatives of the Central Bank. Important economic reports:
- New Zealand’s trade balance at 01:45 (GMT+3:00);
- New home sales in the US at 17:00 (GMT+3:00);
- Crude oil inventories in the US at 17:30 (GMT+3:00).
Thursday, September 27th
On Thursday, On Thursday, the meeting of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand will be held at 00:00 (GMT+3:00).
It is expected that the Central Bank will leave the interest rate unchanged at 1.75%.
Investors will also assess important statistics from the US:
- Core durable goods orders at 15:30 (GMT+3:00);
- GDP data at 11:30 (GMT+3:00);
- Pending home sales index at 17:00 (GMT+3:00).
Friday, September 28th
On Friday, The trading week will end with the publication of important economic reports:
- The index of economic activity in the manufacturing sector of China from Caixin at 04:45 (GMT+3:00);
- Statistics on the labor market in Germany at 10:55 (GMT+3:00);
- UK GDP data at 11:30 (GMT+3:00);
- Consumer price index in the Eurozone at 12:00 (GMT+3:00);
- Statistics on Canada`s GDP at 15:30 (GMT+3:00).
Original Source: JustForex News