Olymp Trade, a well-known broker that recently celebrated its 7th anniversary, launches a new feature called Fractional Units. This option will be integrated into the platform’s Stock Price Trade (SPT) mode and will change the way Olymp Traders interact with the stock market. Fractional Units will become available on January 31 when the platform starts their Lunar New Year celebration.
These days, millions of retail traders seek to invest in a rapidly developing company like Google or Tesla. But there is an obstacle: such stock may be too pricey for their budget. Fractional Units is a perfect solution to this problem.
The feature lets investors with limited capital benefit from the growth of Tesla, Apple, and other popular companies. Simply put, you needn’t pay the price of a whole share. Instead, you can buy a fraction you are comfortable with.
The first traders to test Fractional Units will be the participants of the Lunar New Year celebration. The festive event is scheduled for January 31- February 13 and comes with many other benefits including a massive amount of gifts. Don’t miss out on them!
How Fractional Units Work
As SPT traders know, in this mode, you trade on instruments with stock market shares as underlying assets. For instance, if you choose to invest in Tesla, this instrument is traded at the market price of the company’s stock. Therefore, if you have less than $1,000 (Tesla’s approximate price per share), this option is unavailable to you.
The good news is that Fractional Units gives you more opportunities to dabble in trading in stock markets. Due to this new feature, the minimum purchase amount is much less than the market price of Tesla’s stock. In fact, you can buy as little as 0.01 of a unit.
The only limitation is that you cannot spend less than $1. If the chosen fraction is cheaper than $1, you will have to buy more to reach the required minimum amount.
Apart from Tesla, the list includes Alibaba, General Motors, Google, Coca-Cola, JPMorgan, Citigroup, Nike, Netflix, Visa, and a handful of other giants from different sectors.
Advantages of Fractional Units
For an investor, the new feature has three big pros:
- Expensive assets become affordable to anyone
- Amazon’s price per share is over $3,000, and it’s not something unheard of. Luckily, the Fractional Units feature enables you to invest just $1 in this or any other company. If the price of its stock soars, you can sell your fraction and receive proportionate profits.
- You can allocate your funds across a wider variety of assets
- Diversify your portfolio by adding many valuable companies to it. It helps balance potential risks and gains according to your investor profile.
- Build a bond with your favorite brand
- Are you a fan of Nike’s sportswear or an Apple true believer? Become a part of their stories without spending thousands of dollars.
Where to Find Fractional Units
The upcoming feature will be located on the Olymp Trade platform in the Stock Price Trade tab.
To use it, follow this simple plan:
- Go to Assets ⟶ Stock PT.
- Select a company from the list of available assets.
- In the Buy window, enter the quantity you are ready to purchase and click Buy.
Note that the platform does not charge you any purchase fees. Instead, you will only pay a Success Fee if you sell your fraction with a profit. The amount of the corresponding Success Fee will be indicated in the Buy window.
Try the New Tool Now
Fractional SPT Units makes dozens of valuable companies more accessible for investors with limited financial resources. Olymp Trade, a broker with over 60 million user accounts, is true to its commitment to bring stock market platforms closer to all its clients, beginners included.
Use Fractional Units to improve your understanding of online stock trading and diversify your investment portfolio.
Don’t have an account yet? Go to the Olymp Trade platform to benefit from the unique opportunities it offers.