We would like to inform you that on July 29th 2018, new measures will be applied to your account, as mandated by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA).
The purpose of these measures is to limit the risk inherent in trading CFDs and to protect your interests as a retail client.
The measures include the following:
1. Increased initial margin requirements
- 3.33% (or 1:30 leverage) of the notional value of the CFD when the underlying asset is a major currency
pair consisting of any two of the following: USD, EUR, JPY, GBP, CAD or CHF;
- 5% (or 1:20 leverage) of the notional value of the CFD when the underlying asset is:
- UK 100, France 40, Germany 30, US 100, US 500, US Tech 100, Japan 225, Australia 200 or Europe 50;
- Any currency pair consisting of at least one currency that is not listed in (a) above;
- 10% (or 1:10 leverage) of the notional value of the CFD when the underlying asset is a commodity or equity
index not listed in (b) above;
- 50% (or 1:2 leverage) of the notional value of the CFD when the underlying asset is a cryptocurrency;
- 20% (or 1:5 leverage) of the notional value of the CFD when the underlying asset is a share or any other
financial asset not listed above.
2. Margin close out protection
All deals will be closed when funds available in the account (i.e. your Equity) are equal to or fall below 50% of the initial margin (i.e. your Used Margin) required to open the deals.
Vestle will allow clients full use of the unrealized profits in their open deals to support losing deals.
Clients must ensure that they have sufficient funds in their account by the 29th July 2018 to support their deals under the new rules, or their open deals will automatically close.
3. Negative Balance Protection
Clients of Vestle will continue to benefit from Vestle’s Negative Balance Protection, which means clients cannot lose more than the funds available in their account.
4. Monetary or non-monetary benefits
Clients will no longer benefit from any sort of monetary or non-monetary benefit, as such offerings have been banned completely.
Clients who have a spread discount offer in their account, will have this offer cancelled on 28th July 2018.