MT4, MT5, cTrader and FXPro Edge, which one is the best for Forex trading? How FXPro Markets trading platforms are different?
- FXPro’s 4 trading platforms
- Comparison of FXPro’s trading platforms
- Which FXPro’s Trading Platform is the best?
- Conditions of Order Execution
- FXPro – FAQs of MT4 and MT5 trading platforms
- FXPro – FAQs of cTrader trading platform
- FXPro – FAQs of FXPro Edge trading platform
FXPro’s 4 trading platforms
FXPro offers 4 types of trading platforms which are:
- MT4 (MetaTrader4)
The most popular trading platform with the largest number of users.
- MT5 (MetaTrader5)
New trading platform following MT4 and MT5 has been greatly upgraded from MT4.
ECN trading platform built by Spotware.
- FXPro Edge
FXPro’s exclusive trading platform on Web and Mobile.
Each of them have different advantages for traders.
FxPro Markets is a comprehensive trading platform which provides all the functionality available with traditional platforms, in one simple and easy-to-use application.
The platform is available as Web version which doesn’t require traders to install and Mobile version which enables traders to follow the market 24/5 anywhere they want.
Open a Demo account today and see how the platform suits for your trading style.
For the comparison of FXPro’s all account types, visit the page here.
If you want to open a company (corporate) account with FXPro, visit the page here for more information.
Comparison of FXPro’s trading platforms
FXPro has a number of different account types for investors.
The trading conditions are mainly different according to the trading platform you use.
See the table below for the comparison of FXPro’s trading platforms.
|Free Demo Account||Available||Available||Available|
|Fixed Spread Account||Available||Unavailable||Unavailable|
|Instant Execution Account||Available||Unavailable||Unavailable|
|Market Execution Account||Available||Available||Available|
|Required Minimum Deposit||$500||$500||$500|
|Minimum Fixed Spread||1.4 pips||N/A||N/A|
|Minimum Instant Execution Spread||1.71 pis||N/A||N/A|
|Average Market Execution Spread||1.58 pips||1.51 pips||0.37 pips|
|Available Financial Markets||Forex, Stock Indices, Energies, Precious Metals, Futures and Shares||Forex, Stock Indices, Energies, Precious Metals and Futures||Forex, Stock Indices, Energies and Precious Metals|
|Minimum Stop/Limit Levels||1 pip||1 pip||No Minimum|
|Average Execution Speed||Less than 1.06 ms||Less than 1.06 ms||Less than 1.06 ms|
With FXPro, you can experience all trading platforms to see which one is suited for your style.
All trading platforms are available to download for free from FxPro Official Website.
Which FXPro’s Trading Platform is the best?
FXPro is one of only a few brokers in the world which offer 4 trading platforms, as many Forex brokers only one trading platform.
You may wonder which trading platform is the best to trade in the Forex market, but the answer isn’t so simple.
Let’s look into the main features and the advantages of each trading platform below.
1. FXPro MT4 (MetaTrader4)
Open FXPro MT4 (MetaTrader4) account to trade Forex, Spot Metals, Shares, Spot Indices, Spot Energies and Futures.
There is no no partial fills.
For FXPro’s MT4 platform, you can choose from Market Execution, Instant Execution, Floating Spread and Fixed Spread account types.
MT4 remains the most popular trading platform in the Forex market, and has all the basic trading tools and options for investors.
2. FXPro MT5 (MetaTrader5)
FXPro MT5 (MetaTrader5) offers even more advanced trading tools and options comparing to the MT4 trading platform.
While MT5 and MT4 have almost the same user interface, MT5 has more chart types, time frames, order types, financial markets, server options and built-in technical indicators.
For FXPro MT5 trading platform, only Floating Spread with Market Execution account type is available.
FXPro MT5 is suited for traders who require more advanced tools.
What is the difference of MT4 and MT5 platforms? Visit the page here to find out more.
3. FXPro cTrader
cTrader trading platform is gaining its popularity as an ECN (Electronic Communication Network) platform.
As cTrader itself does not allow any brokers to interfere into market prices, FXPro cTrader is offered with the raw spread with no mark-up spread.
Comparing to MT4 and MT5 trading platforms, cTrader has more user friendly interface which makes it easy to setup any advanced tools on the platform.
FXPro cTrader is also compatible with any devices including Windows, MAC, Android, iPhone and iPad.
Conditions of Order Execution
FXPro offers both “Market Execution” and “Instant Execution” account types.
The conditions of order executions are different depending on the trading platform you choose.
|Trading Platform (Account Type)||MT4 Instant Execution||MT4 Market Execution||MT5||cTrader|
|Execution Type||Instant Order||Market Order||Market Order||Market Order|
|Level restrictions on stop and limit orders||None||None||None||None|
|Trading Commission||None||None||None||$9 per round turn lot|
The main differences are the condition of slippage and re-quotes, and the trading commission.
The above differences may affect your trading activity directly.
FXPro – FAQs of MT4 and MT5 trading platforms
The best way to know the mechanism and rules of trading, is to open a demo trading account with FXPro.
The account opening is free and the demo account requires no fees and deposit.
To make your trading journey easier, we are also here to answer the most frequently asked questions below.
- Can I run multiple EAs (Expert Advisers) on FXPro MT4 and MT5?
- Yes, there is no limitation to the number of EAs you can run on FXPro MT4 and MT5 platforms. Note that you can only run one EA per price chart. If you wish to run multiple EAs on the same symbol, you need to open multiple price charts of the same.
- Does FXPro provide EAs or automated trading signals for MT4 and MT5?
- No, FXPro does not provide its traders with any automated trading signals or EAs, but you can utilize the service of MQL4 and MQL5 if you are looking for one.
- Does FXPro has any restrictions on trading strategies?
- No, FXPro is a NDD (Non Dealing Desk) broker and you can perform any types of strategies including Scalping, Hedging, Swing Trading and News Time Trading on FXPro’s platforms.
- Can I set the read only (investor) password for FXPro MT4 and MT5?
- Yes, to set up an investor password, log into the platform with your master password, go to “Tools” and “Options” and under the “Server” tab, select the “Change Password” option. From there you can select “Change Investor (read only) password”
- How can I change the password of FXPro MT4 and MT5 accounts?
- Yes, to set up an investor password, log into the platform with your master password, go to “Tools” and “Options” and under the “Server” tab, select the “Change Password” option.. From there you can enter the new password you wish to use and confirm it.
- How can I create MT4 and MT5 statement / data of trading history?
- To create a statement for a specific period, click on the “Account History” tab at the bottom of the “Terminal” window. Then right-click anywhere inside this window and select “Save as Report”.
- Can I delete or modify pending orders on FXPro MT4 and MT5 platforms?
- Yes, to modify your account’s pending orders, locate the order in the “Terminal” window, right-click or double-click on the order you wish to modify or delete.
- How to I place a market order on FXPro MT4 and MT5?
- There is a number of ways to place orders on MT4 and MT5, by clicking on the “New Order” button on the “Standard” toolbar,
selecting “New Order” from the “Tools” drop-down menu, pressing F9, right-clicking an instrument in the “Market Watch” window and select “New Order” or double-clicking an instrument in the “Market Watch” window.
- How can I disable / remove EAs (Expert Advisers) from FXPro MT4 and MT5 platforms?
- To remove EAs from the platform, right-click on the chart, select “Expert Advisors” and then “Remove”.
- Is there any cost to download and use FXPro MT4 and MT5?
- No, you can download FXPro MT4 and MT5 trading platforms for absolutely free and there is no fees charged for using them. The platforms will be also updated automatically by the system for free.
- Can I install FXPro MT4 and MT5 platforms into my mobile phone?
- Yes, you can download FXPro MT4 and MT5 trading platforms as apps to your Android, Tablet, iPhone and iPad from Playstore and Appstore. To find the right apps, you may go to FxPro Official Website to download them directly.
- Why order buttons are grayed out on FXPro MT4 and MT5 platforms?
- The reasons are most likely because you don’t have enough free margin to place the order or the parameter settings (such as trading volume, pending orders) are wrong. Check also if the market is open for the symbol at the moment.
- Where can I find a user guide of FXPro MT4 and MT5 platforms?
- You can find the full user guide on MT4 and MT5 platforms directly. You can also refer to our “MT4 User Guide” for more.
Do you have any other questions about FXPro’s MT4 and MT5 trading platforms?
Contact their multilingual support team from the official website.
FXPro – FAQs of cTrader trading platform
cTrader is quite different from MT4 and MT5 platforms in terms of every aspect.
The following FAQs may help you understand the platform better.
- Is FXPro’s cTrader free to download and use
- Yes, you can download FXPro cTrader for free and use it with no fees. The platform itself automatically updates to the new versions for free too.
- Can I run FXPro’s cTrader trading platform on mobile phone?
- Yes, you can download cTrader apps for Android, Tablet, iPhone and iPad from FxPro Official Website. All mobile apps of cTrader are free to use.
- cTrade, MT4 and MT5. Which trading platform is the best?
- We cannot define which trading platform is the best for traders as each trading platform has many advantages and unique features.To try out, you can also open up to 5 live trading accounts with FXPro and see how each trading platform works.
- Can I run EAs on FXPro cTrader?
- No, you cannot run EAs (Expert Advisers) of MT4 and MT5 on cTrader trading platform as these platforms are built-in different programming languages. On cTrader, you can run cBots which practically works the same as EAs for MT4 and MT5.
- Why I can’t login to FXPro cTrader with my MT4’s login credentials?
- cTrader, MT4 and MT5 are different platforms and requires different login credentials. To login to cTrader and start trading, you need to open cTrader account with FXPro first.
- Can I run multiple cBots on FXPro’s cTrader trading platform?
- Yes, you can run multiple cBots on the same chart as FXPro does not have limitation to the number of cBots you can run at the same time.
- How can I test cBots on cTrader before start trading?
- To test your cBots by using the historical data on cTrader, in “Automate” section of the platform, click on the arrow next to your cBot, and select “Add an Instance”. Then navigate to “Backtesting” tab.
- How much is the trading cost / commission on FXPro cTrader platform?
- FXPro cTrader offers raw spread from 0.0 pips. The additional trading commission is $45 per $1 million USD traded. For example, for FX currency pairs the commission is $9 per 1 round turn lot traded.
- Where can I download cBots or custom indicators for FXPro’s cTrader?
- If you don’t have cBots or custom indicators you like, then you can download them in cTDN website. cTDN website is owned and managed by Spotware the developer of cTrader trading platform.
- Does FXPro’s cTrader have one click and double click trading feature?
- Yes, to enable cTrader’s single click and double click feature, click on the settings icon in the bottom left hand corner, and select the “QuickTrade” tab and enable the options as you like.
- How can I create custom trading report (history) on FXPro’s cTrader trading platform?
- To create a statement (report) on cTrader, go to “rade Watch” window, open the “History” tab, right-click anywhere within the list of previous orders, and select “Create Statement” to create a trade history report
- What is cTrader ID (cTID)? How can I get one?
- This service is offered by cTrader’s developer “Spotware”, and you can use cTrader ID (cTID) to login to the platform, save the platform settings and other various additional options. You can create on by clicking on “Sign Up” in the top right hand corner of the platform.
- If I close cTrader platform, will all positions will be closed too?
- No, even if you close the cTrader platform, your open positions, pending orders and trailing stop orders will be working as normal. Only cBots will stop working as cBots requires the system to be opened at anytime.
Do you have any other questions about FXPro’s cTrader trading platfom?
Contact their support team to find out more.
FXPro – FAQs of FXPro Edge trading platform
FXPro Edge is FXPro’s in-house trading platform which you can run through web browsers.
The usability of web trader is much different comparing to MT4, MT5 and cTrader trading platforms.
See the FAQs about FXPro Edge trading platform below.
- Where can I download FXPro Edge trading platform
- FXPro Edge is a web based trading platform and does not require any installations. To access to the platform, you just need to access the web trader from FxPro Official Website.
- How can I login to FXPro Edge trading platform?
- You can login to FXPro Edge platform by entering your Direct profile credentials. FXPro Edge can be accessed from FxPro Official Website.
- Why I can’t login to FXPro Edge with my MT4’s login credentials?
- To login to FXPro Edge, you need to open a FXPro Edge account. You cannot login to FXPro Edge by using other trading platforms’ login credentials.
- Can I place a market order on FXPro Edge?
- To open an order and start trading on FXPro Edge platform, right click on the chart, click on “Create New Order”, and the “Order Dialog” opens where you can set the order.
- How can I close orders on FXPro Edge platform?
- To close orders on FXPro Edge trading platform, you may either click on the “Close Order” button (with 1-click trading enabled) or double click on the order and close it from the dialog that appears.
- How can I set pending orders on cTrader?
- You can setup pending orders directly from the “Order Dialog” and by selecting the “Limit” or “Stop” tabs.